JOB VACANCY: Membership Engagement and Development Manager
- Gateshead, Tyne and Wear
- Full-time, Permanent
- Salary: £24,807.00 /year
About the Institute of Water
For 75 years the Institute of Water has been the only professional body in the UK to exclusively support the development of those working in the water industry. Our goal is to enable our members to reach their full potential to drive the sector forward. We are inclusive, non-hierarchical, supportive and sustainable.
About the role
We are recruiting a Membership Engagement and Development Manager to:
Define, implement and deliver contemporary stakeholder engagement activities to aid delivery of our membership growth strategy; and
Develop the membership offering to meet current and evolving professional development needs of the water sector.
Specifically, this role will involve:
- Developing and delivering an effective engagement plan for key stakeholders, including water companies, supply chain and academic partners
- Establishing effective two-way relationships with key stakeholders to gain a thorough understanding of the challenges they face and where the Institute can tailor its offerings or work in partnership with them to add value
- Working with new and existing partner organisations to identify and embrace mutually beneficial opportunities to stimulate membership growth
- Identifying opportunities to adapt the Institute’s offerings to meet the changing needs of the sector
- Providing guidance to and engaging with regional volunteer committees to adapt the membership and engagement offer to meet local needs
- Using appropriate tools to identify and segment audiences to gather insight of market opportunities
- Strong communication, persuading, influencing skills and an excellent command of the English language
- Ability to inspire and engage different stakeholders both on an individual basis and when presenting to large audiences
- Understanding and ideally experience of digital technology and how it can enhance the membership experience
- Self-motivated and able to work collaboratively within both a small head office team and the wider team of Area committees
- Educated to Degree level
Key Result Areas
- Membership growth and retention
- Membership offering development
- Stakeholder engagement
- Customer Service/Teamwork
We offer a salary of £24,807 plus a pension contribution of up to 8% after probation.
We have a generous holiday allowance of 25 days (not including bank holidays) and we operate an extended office shut down over Christmas and New Year.
Our offices are based on Team Valley and are open 9-5 Monday-Friday; normal hours are 35 per week. The role will require some travel throughout the UK and occasional overnight stays (conferences/exhibitions).
We appreciate a good work-life balance is important so we try to allow flexible working where possible and encourage and facilitate staff development.
We are a small team but you will also be working with our volunteers, our Board of Directors and the wider water sector, including water industry Chief Executives, Learning & Talent Development Leaders, Academics and partner organisations.
How to apply
Send us your cv with a covering letter saying:
· What attracted you to the vacancy
· What you can bring to the role
· How you meet the Key Attributes
· How you would plan to increase stakeholder engagement and achieve membership growth
Together with contact details for two people who would be prepared to give you a reference.
Application deadline: 20/07/2020
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply!