The Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Award is open to members at any stage in their water sector career who can demonstrate commitment to continuous learning and improvement.
We appreciate that everyone has a slightly different way of undertaking and recording CPD. That’s why we are flexible in terms of the format that entries need to take. However, as a minimum, successful entries will contain a development action plan, a clear timeline of CPD activities and an assessment of how successfully your activities met your goals.
To find more guidance on CPD please click here!
Short-listed entrants are invited to attend the Institute of Water’s Annual Awards Dinner where the 2021 winner will be presented with their trophy in a prestigious ceremony, surrounded by senior figures from the water sector.
Entries are scored against six categories; the winning entry will be expected to contain all of the following elements:
- Scoping– Identifying skill gaps and opportunities for development
- Planning– Setting relevant goals for development activities and target dates
- Doing– Including formal learning, on the job opportunities and any development undertaken outside of work too
- Recording– Accurately recording development achievements and learning outcomes
- Reflecting– Evaluating achievements and reviewing them against professional and development needs
- Sharing– Explaining how others benefitted from your learning
CPD Award Winner 2020 – Rachael Picken (Scottish Water)
“I was absolutely delighted to have won the annual CPD award and to have been recognised for the commitment to continuous learning and improvement over the last few years. Putting time into the CPD helps me to ensure I am keeping up to date with the latest trends and knowledge and ensures that I am upholding the highest professional standards for Chartered Environmentalist, so its great to have had that acknowledged.”
You can watch the 2020 virtual awards presentation here.
Congratulations again to Rachael and our runners-up, Izzie Peters (Southern Water) & Karen Gove (Anglian Water).
How to Apply?
To apply, please send your CPD record from the last 12 months to Sarah Dunn (email@example.com).
Entries will close on Monday 22nd February.