Job Title: Member Engagement Manager
Location: Gateshead, NE11 0AZ, with hybrid working possibilities
Salary: Up to £30,000
About the Institute of Water
For over 75 years the Institute of Water has been the only professional body in the UK to exclusively support the development of those working in the water industry. Our goal is to enable our members to reach their full potential to drive the sector forward. We are inclusive, non-hierarchical, supportive and sustainable. Our small office team and many volunteer committees across the country work collaboratively to support our members and our sector.
About the role
The Member Engagement Manager will help grow our membership to increase our impact for the water sector:
- Develop and deliver the membership growth strategy
- Define, implement and deliver contemporary stakeholder engagement activities
- Develop the membership offering to meet current and evolving professional development needs of the water sector
- Identify and explore business development opportunities to support our mission and strategy
Specifically, this role will:
- Develop and deliver an effective engagement plan for our members and other key stakeholders, including water companies, supply chain and academic partners
- Increase communication and build effective two-way relationships with stakeholders to gain greater understanding of the challenges they face and where the Institute can tailor its offerings or work in partnership with them to add value
- Work with new and existing partner organisations to identify and embrace mutually beneficial opportunities to stimulate membership growth and development
- Identify opportunities to adapt the Institute’s offerings to meet the changing needs of the sector
- Provide guidance to and engage with regional volunteer committees to adapt the membership and engagement offer to meet local needs
- Prioritise customer service and use appropriate tools to identify and segment audiences to gather insight of market opportunities
Key Result Areas
- Membership growth and retention
- Membership offering development
- Stakeholder engagement
- Customer Service/Teamwork
- Strong communication, persuading, influencing skills and an excellent command of the English language
- Able to inspire and engage different stakeholders both on an individual basis and when presenting to large audiences
- Understanding and ideally experience of digital technology and how it can enhance the membership experience, particularly e-learning
- Self-motivated, energetic and entrepreneurial
- Excellent networking and relationship building skills
- Committed to strong customer service
- Able to work collaboratively with staff and volunteers
- Experience in business/organisational and strategy development or similar
We offer a salary up to £30,000 plus a pension contribution of up to 8% after probation.
We have a generous holiday allowance of 25 days (not including bank holidays) and we operate an extended office shut down over Christmas and New Year.
Our offices are based on Team Valley: staff are generally in the office two days a week and are able to work from home the rest of the time. The role will require some travel throughout the UK and occasional overnight stays (conferences/exhibitions).
Working hours are generally Monday – Friday 9 am to 5 pm, 35 hours per week. We would be willing to consider part-time working.
We appreciate a good work-life balance is important so we try to allow flexible working where possible and encourage and facilitate staff development.
We are a small staff team and you will also be working with our volunteers, our Board of Directors and the wider water sector, including water industry Chief Executives, Learning & Talent Development Leaders, Academics and partner organisations.
How to apply
Send us your cv with a covering letter (no more than two pages) saying:
- What attracted you to the vacancy
- What you can bring to the role
- How you meet the Key Attributes
Please include a particular example of how you have successfully increased stakeholder engagement and/or membership and the impact of this work
Together with contact details for two people who would be prepared to give you a reference
Closing Date: 6th June 2022