On Thursday evening, after 3 years in the making the Welsh Area were able to finally host the 16th Annual Innovation Awards (albeit on a smaller scale to usual!). It was great to finally present the trophies to the 2020, 2021 and 2022 winners, celebrate innovation in the industry and have an in-person networking opportunity.
A huge thank you to all of the applicants, judges and Welsh Area sponsor Pump Supplies, who have made it possible to continue celebrating and showcasing innovation throughout the pandemic.
Keep an eye out for the upcoming Lunch & Learn series to find out more about the innovations and we hope to return to our black tie event next year and see you all in person!
And the 2022 winners are…
Clever Data Category:
- Winner: The SPIN Project Team –SPIN (Smart Pump Intelligent Notification) Project
- Highly Commended: Data Science Team – Daniel Okereke in collaboration with the EDP Team and Wastewater Assets Team – EDM Anomaly Detection (EDMAD) model
Michael Jones, Paul Forde, Emma Harris and Lynn Parry collecting their Award on behalf of the SPIN Project Team
Collaborative Working Category:
- Winner: Rebecca Smith & Katherine Martin (Water Production Compliance Team), Marcus Webb (OT Team), Luke Congreve (Water Production), Ceri Statton & Jonathan Wheeler (Capital) – Tank Outlet Flow Algorithm
- Highly Commended: Vyvyan Evans (WES Team), Herefordshire Council and Wye and Usk Foundation – Collaborative 3rd Party Wetlands for multiple gains
Rebecca Smith & Kate Martin collecting the Award on behalf of the winning Project Team
- Winner: Asset Science AGA – Mobile Chemical Dosing Testing
- Highly Commended: South West Production – Crai Water Treatment Works Lime System Improvements
Victoria Wilson collecting the Award on behalf of the Asset Science Team
Market Adaptation Category:
- Winner: Euan Hampton – Cartref Team and Water Regulations (Euan Hampton & Adam Jones pictured below)
Committee Award: Biodiversity Team- Chloe White and Gemma Williams – Biodiversity Care Package (Chloe White picture below)
The overall Winner who will represent Welsh Area at the National Awards is The SPIN Project Team for their Smart Pump Intelligent Notification whereby SmartHub and Waste Treatment Operations have created smart alarms in PRISM to spot potential pollutions before they happen and intervene before they do.
Congratulations to everyone and thank you from the Committee!
Welsh Area Committee