The Foundation for Water Research (FWR) is a membership-based registered independent charity dedicated to educating the public in the science, engineering and management of water resources, water treatment, water supply, water use, the collection, treatment and reuse of wastewaters and the water environment in general.
FWR brings together and disseminates knowledge, making it widely available by a number of methods including:
- Publishing Reviews Of Current Knowledge, Guides and Newsletters on water topics in ‘plain English’;
- Producing the Regulation for Water Quality Handbook and Urban Pollution Management Manual;
- Conferences and Exhibitions;
- Wastewater Forum;
- Hosting a River Catchment as part of Defra’s Catchment Partnership Action Fund;
- Providing an enquiry service on a wide range of topics relating to the water environment.