Entries for the Institute of Water CPD Award 2022 are now OPEN!
The Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Award is open to members at any stage in their water sector career who can demonstrate commitment to continuous learning and improvement.
We appreciate that everyone has a slightly different way of undertaking and recording CPD. That’s why we are flexible in terms of the format that entries need to take. However, as a minimum, successful entries will contain a development action plan, a clear timeline of CPD activities and an assessment of how successfully your activities met your goals.
Entries are scored against six categories and the winning entry is expected to contain all of the following elements:
- Scoping– Identifying skill gaps and opportunities for development
- Planning– Setting relevant goals for development activities and target dates
- Doing– Including formal learning, on the job opportunities and any development undertaken outside of work too
- Recording– Accurately recording development achievements and learning outcomes
- Reflecting– Evaluating achievements and reviewing them against professional and development needs
- Sharing– Explaining how others benefitted from your learning
To find more guidance on CPD please click here.
Direct CPD award entrants are are joined by the best submissions we receive from our annual CPD monitoring exercise for judging. Those shortlisted for the award will be invited to attend the Institute of Water’s Annual Awards Dinner where the 2022 winner will be presented with their trophy at our Annual President’s Dinner ceremony, surrounded by senior figures from the water sector.
CPD Award Winner 2021 – Lyndsey Wainwright (United Utilities)
“I was delighted to receive the Institute of Water CPD award and to receive great feedback through my professional registration interview. I’d recommend using CPD and gaining advice from the Institute of Water as it’s a fantastic tool to set yourself a clear plan and develop your career”
Congratulations again to Lyndsey and runner-up, Lydia Dareheath (Anglian Water).
How to Apply?
To apply, please send your CPD record from the last 12 months (along with a copy of your CV) to email@example.com