9th Global Water Leakage Summit
Institute of Water members get a 20% discount to attend the 9th Global Leakage Summit. Simply enter code GLS18IOW at the checkout.
The Global Leakage Summit returns for its 9th year in March 2018 to feature the most innovative and successful examples of delivering and maintaining reduced leakage levels across the world.
The volume of water lost from leakage, from inaccurate customer meter readings and theft of water together add up to Non Revenue Water (NRW).
With better access to updated water company data a recent study estimates that global NRW is in excess of 100 billion m3 per year.
It is therefore no surprise that managing and reducing leakage and NRW is still one of the major operational tasks facing water utility operators, and one of its biggest headaches!
Now widely regarded as the world's premier water leakage summit, the 2018 Global Leakage Summit, taking place this 13-14 March 2018 at the Amba Hotel Marble Arch in London, will once again provide an unique international platform for leakage practitioners, and all those in the business of delivering improved efficiency for their particular water utility.
Drawing in world-wide practitioners, including Directors, Heads, VPs and Managers of Water Solutions, Network Infrastructure, Leakage, Operations, Engineering, Business Development, Technology, Modelling and Design, this prestigious Summit has a deserved reputation of excellence both in terms of quality information-sharing and learning for delegates, at both a technical and strategic level, and world-class networking opportunities.
Speakers and panellists include:
- Michael Toh, Director of Water Services, Public Utilities Board, Singapore
- Mohammad Al Shafey, NRW Consultant, Aqaba Water, Jordan
- Mel Karam, CEO, Bristol Water, UK
- Alice Jawan, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Utilities, Sarawak, Malaysia
- Moumouni Sawadogo, Inspector General, National Office of Water and Sanitation (ONEA), Burkina Faso
- Bob Taylor, Operations Director, Drinking Water Services, South West Water, UK
- Dr Hana Al Maskati, Head, Leakage Detection and Control Group, Electricity and Water Authority, Bahrain
- Francisco Cubillo, Deputy Director of Research, Development & Innovation, Canal de Isabel ll, Madrid, Spain
- Siemen Veenstra, Regional Country Director Africa, Vitens Evides International, Netherlands
- Paul Valleley, Director of Water Services, Anglian Water, UK
- Andy Wayt, Upstream Losses Engineer, Dwr Cymru Welsh Water, UK
- Dr David Tyler, Associate Director, Water & Wastewater Sector, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
- Katy Walker, Leakage Strategy Manager, Yorkshire Water Services, UK
- Mel Karam, CEO, Bristol Water, UK
- Mike Tennant, Director of Sales and Business Development, HWM Water, UK
- Andy Smith, Regional Optimisation Manager, Anglian Water, UK
- Jeremy Heath, Innovation Manager, SES Water, UK
- Wayne Arscott, Leakage Strategy Manager, Dwr Cymru Welsh Water, UK
- Yvonne Ryan, Technical Development Manager (Smart Metering), Thames Water Utilities, UK
- Tim Wagstaff, Demand Planning Project Manager, Northumbrian Water Group, UK
- Jean Spencer, Executive Director, Strategic Growth and Resilience, Anglian Water, UK
- Nicci Russell, Managing Director, Waterwise (formerly Director, Ofwat), UK
- Trevor Bishop, Director, Strategy and Policy, Ofwat (formerly Director, Environment Agency), UK
- Mark Kowalski, Principal Consultant, WRc, UK
- Joydip Sanyal, Global Product Manager – Water EM Flowmeter, ABB Limited, UK
- Frenk Withoos, Managing Director, ABB Measurement & Analytics Northern European Region
- Tim Door, Regional Sales Director, Mccrometer Inc, USA
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT AT THE GLOBAL LEAKAGE SUMMIT
- Over 35 international case studies over the two conference days
- Two optional Pre-Conference Workshops: ‘From Intelligent Data to Sustainable Impact’, sponsored by Echologics/Mueller, and 'Technology: Islands & Innovations' sponsored by i2O
- A highly popular Exhibition Showcase Area with over 25 leading technology providers
- An Evening Drinks Reception
- A Gala Dinner and Charity Auction for Water Aid for all speakers, delegates, sponsors and exhibitors to enjoy
Amba Hotel Marble Arch, Bryanston St, Marylebone, London W1H 7EH
March 13th 2018
March 14th 2018