Student Membership £30 per annum
Open to anyone with an interest in the UK water sector who is pursuing a relevant vocational or academic qualification.
To apply please complete the online application form and send written evidence of your studies outlining the course you are taking and how long this lasts. This should be sent to email@example.com.
Associate Membership £100 per annum
Open to anyone with an interest in the UK water sector. To apply simply complete the online application.
Technician Membership £50 per annum
Awarded to members who have attained or are pursuing Engineering, Environmental or Science Technician. To apply, simply complete the online application form and email proof of your qualification or intent to pursue to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Corporate Membership £115 per annum
A Corporate Member of the Institute of Water is a team player who is competent in their area of work, reliable, informed, motivated and committed to the water industry and its customers. Applicants are expected to have acquired these attributes through a combination of knowledge and experience.
Awarded on the basis of competence and commitment demonstrated through length of service in the UK water sector: no academic qualifications are required.
If you have served in the water sector in any capacity for 5 years or longer then you are eligible to apply for Corporate Membership.
To apply as a new member applicants must:
- Complete the online application form
- Send an up to date copy of their CV
- Send a completed Corporate Member Referee Form including a signature from a referee who can testify to your eligibility
If you already hold Corporate or ‘full’ membership with another professional body then you may be exempt from this process. Please complete the online application form and send your proof of corporate/full membership with another professional body to email@example.com.
Fellow Membership £130 per annum
Awarded for dedicated service to the Institute or to prominent people in the water sector.
There are two routes to apply to become a fellow of the Institute of Water:
- Transfer (if you have been a Corporate Member for 5 years or more); or
- Direct Entry
Applications will be assessed by the Membership and Standards Committee which meets quarterly.
Fellow Membership is also available through nomination by Area Committees or Board members.
Reserved for members who have given exceptional service to the Institute of Water and/or the water sector. Honorary Membership is only available through nomination.
Retired Life Membership
This membership rate is a one-off fee, equal to 10 x the annual Retired Member rate, and payable on retirement. Once paid, there are no further annual membership renewals to make.
If you think you qualify for this rate, please contact the Institute of Water Head Office on 0191 422 0088 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The benefits of being a Company Affiliate include:
- Use of Institute of Water logo on your company’s website and stationery
- Discounted rates and first option for exhibition stands at Institute of Water events
- Discounted rates for advertising in our quarterly Journal
- Listed as a Company Affiliate with your logo on the Institute of Water website
- A company profile/welcome in our quarterly Magazine
- Discounted rates to advertise jobs on Institute of Water website
- Vinyl stickers for company vehicles to highlight your association with the Institute of Water
We have three levels of Company Affiliate which are determined by the number of employees within your company.
Small (1 to 50 employees ) £350
Medium (51 to 500) £500
Large ( 500+) £800
*Company Affiliate is not open to water companies
Paying for your membership by Direct Debit
To pay for your membership by Direct Debit, simply complete the Direct Debate Mandate Form and send to:
Institute of Water
4 Carlton Court